The Benefits of Server and Desktop Virtualization With Florida IT Pro Virtualization Solutions
Posted 8 months ago
: Undefined variable: entry_terms in E:\HostingSpaces\itfish\floridaitpros.com\wwwroot\wp-content\themes\floridaitpros\single-blog.php
on line 18
What is Virtualization?
Virtualization is creating a virtual version of a device or resource, such as a server, storage device, network or even an operating system where the framework divides the resource into one or more execution environments.
Virtualization allows you to run multiple virtual machines on each of your physical machines. With this solution, your IT admins won’t have to spend as much time managing servers, so they can get back to innovating. When you utilize Florida IT Pros virtualization solutions, we consolidate your resource pools which save you time and up to 70% of costs.
What is Server Virtualization?
Server virtualization is the partitioning of a physical server into smaller virtual servers to help maximize your server resources. In server virtualization, the resources of the server itself are hidden, or masked, from users, and software is used to divide the physical server into multiple virtual environments, called virtual or private servers. This is in contrast to dedicating one server to a single application or task.
Uses and Benefits of Server Virtualization
Vmware Vsphere is the industry’s top virtualization platform and Florida IT utilizes it since it simplifies the IT infrastructure and creates a flexible and dynamic data center.
- Its innovative platform makes application provisioning and upgrades faster.
- Virtual machines are portable. Not being tied to a physical server allows for easier disaster recovery and replication to remote sites.
- These virtual machines can be moved from host to host in real time by utilizing VMware’s VMotion. There is no downtime for maintenance operations because all virtual machines can be migrated to other hosts.
- Virtual machines can be automatically rebooted onto hosts within the VMware cluster. Your business will not be compromised in the event there is a physical server failure.
Desktop virtualization is software technology that separates the desktop environment and associated application software from the physical client device that is used to access it.
Benefits of Desktop Virtualization
- Secure and mobile access to applications. Virtualized desktops allow employees access to high-performance applications remotely from their personal devices. Virtualization protects against opening the company to security risks even on public WI-FI.
- Desktop virtualization allows flexibility by allowing businesses to reduce the need for configuring desktops for each employee. Employers can add new employees to their computer system with just a few clicks. Personalizing and managing desktops can be done through a single interface.
- Virtualized desktops allow for easier maintenance. Desktops can be reset at the end of the day preventing software and customizations from slowing down the machine.
- Desktop virtualization allows the administrator to set permissions preventing viruses from residing on the system. This provides peace of mind and lowers maintenance costs.
- Reduced Costs are another benefit of virtualizing desktops. With smaller software licensing requirements, savings on applications and security, virtualization is an all-around money saver.
IT Services West Palm Beach
Florida IT Pros was founded in 2007 and has been growing ever since. After years of Fortune 500 experience as IT Engineers, Managers, and Directors we wanted to provide a higher level of service that we and many of our colleagues had experienced from other consultants or service providers. Call us at (561)206-2478 or visit our website.
Florida IT Pros
1919 N Flagler Drive #300
West Palm Beach, FL 33407
© Copyright 2017. All Rights Reserved.