Threat Management Protection
Posted 5 years ago
As threats to your business’s data continue to evolve in sophistication and speed, keeping IT infrastructure secure with security specialists is something most small to mid-sized businesses can’t afford. Threats and viruses can cost businesses loss of revenue and productivity. Integrating the capabilities of several security products into one security console makes managing and organizing easier for organizations and businesses.
Businesses implement the unified threat management protection model as network security to protect against viruses and threats because it is more simplistic and cost-effective for smaller sized businesses without security specialists.
7 Components of Unified Management Protection
- Virtual private networking (VPN)
- Web filtering
- Data loss prevention
Antivirus software is a program designed to search for, detect, prevent, and remove viruses, trojans, and adware. Businesses must ensure their anti-virus software is installed and up-to-date on all computers to detect the thousands of threats created daily.
Anti-virus software allows businesses to:
- Schedule scans to run for you.
- Scan specific files known to be prone to attacks.
- Allows you to scan a particular file or the entire computer at any time.
- Remove any malicious codes.
- Can be used to protect computers, laptops, tablets, or smartphones.
Anti-malware is a software program that prevents, detects, and removes malicious software. It protects against viruses, infections, ransomware, and spyware. Anti-malware can be installed on an individual computing device or purchased as a cloud service.
Anti-malware can do the following:
- Prevents users from visiting websites known to have or distribute malicious codes.
- Prevents the spread of malware from one infected device to another.
- Tracks the number of infections and the amount of time required for clean up.
A firewall can be hardware, software or a combination and is a network security device that monitors network traffic and follows security rules to prevent unauthorized access to or from a private network.
Firewall can do the Following
- Defends resources.
- Validates access.
- Manages and controls network traffic.
- Records and reports.
- Acts as an intermediary.
Intrusion prevention technology is effective. Malicious files and threats are prevented from entering your computer’s hard drive by network traffic being monitored to identify potential threats, and responded to quickly.
Virtual Private Networking
A VPN is operated by a VPN service to create a virtual and encrypted tunnel between you and a remote server. You date will be secure since your computer will appear to have the IP address of the VPN server masking your identity.
VPN Network Advantages:
- The IP-address is anonymous since it is hidden.
- Data traffic is encrypted allowing safe connection to public WiFi.
- Internet restrictions in different countries can be bypassed.
- Government censorship can be bypassed.
- Information can be downloaded safely and anonymously.
Referred to as content control software, web filtering restricts the websites users can visit. Web filtering can be used by parents wishing to restrict inappropriate websites they want to prevent their children from visiting or by businesses who want to prevent their employees from visiting sites that are not work related.
Data Loss Prevention
Data loss prevention ensures that users do not send sensitive or critical information over the corporate network.
Florida IT Pros
Florida IT Pros can support any type of business, big or small. We are IT experts who can help with threat management to keep your networks safe.
IT Support Services West Palm Beach
Florida IT Pros was founded in 2007 and has been growing ever since. After years of Fortune 500 experience as IT Engineers, Managers, and Directors we wanted to provide a higher level of service that many of our colleagues and we had experienced from other consultants or service providers. Call us at (561)206-2478 or Visit our website.
Florida IT Pros
1919 N Flagler Drive #300
West Palm Beach, FL 33407
© Copyright 2018. All Rights Reserved.